With approximately 480 employees, KLK Kolb is one of the leading alkoxylation companies in Europe and offers a wide range of surfactants, chemical specialties, paper process chemicals and customer-specific products for various industries. KLK Kolb is a member of the global KLK OLEO Group.
We sell our products worldwide and currently have three manufacturing sites in the heart of Europe (Hedingen/CH, Moerdijk/NL and Delden/NL).
To support our continued successful growth, we are looking for a motivated, proactive and independently thinking
Chemist (1 fte)
As a Chemist you are responsible for carrying out synthetic research and development activities for the development and optimization of new and existing KLK products, processes and methods with a strong focus on meeting our customers’ needs and expectations.
Location and position
You will be part of KLK Kolb’s European R&D team, located in Delden and consisting of 17 FTE. As a Chemist within the R&D Specialties team you will be responsible for the development of customized products and innovative processes and provide support to KLK’s production locations.
You will report to the team leader R&D Specialties, be part of a team with other chemists and scientists and will work in multidisciplinary international groups.
Responsibility areas/Core tasks
- Executing (literature)research programs in response to internal and external customer questions;
- Maintaining and propagating relevant developments within the specialism;
- Performing specialist (ad hoc) laboratory research
- Developing/optimizing products/processes and methods/techniques;
- Interpretation and reporting of research data/results;
- Guiding and supervising production trial batches of new product developments;
- Providing advice on (production) problems and guidance for troubleshooting activities, both internally and externally;
- Identifying details/deviations to ensure adequate solutions and advice regarding problems;
- Transfer of knowledge to other parties involved in the form of oral and written reports;
- Following HSE guidelines.
As a candidate you have the following knowledge, experience and competences;
- Completed bachelor education in (organic) chemistry;
- Minimum 3 years working experience with new product development and synthesis (experience on any of the following chemistries is a pre: condensation reactions, polymerization, sulfation or phosphation);
- Skills to be able to work independently as well as in a team;
- Result-oriented with good analytical skills;
- Communicative skills with excellent knowledge of the English language (Dutch is a pre);
- Pro-active, broad and open minded, enthusiastic attitude.
For more information please contact Onno Rienstra, Team leader R&D Specialists KLK Kolb (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Candidates who meet the described profile can send a motivation letter with CV up to November 27, 2020 to the attention of Eva Tinselboer, HR Officer (email@example.com).
An assessment can be part of the application procedure.
Acquisition after this vacancy is not appreciated.