With approximately 480 employees, KLK Kolb is one of the leading alkoxylation companies in Europe and offers a wide range of surfactants, chemical specialties, paper process chemicals and customer-specific products for various industries. KLK Kolb is a member of the global KLK OLEO Group.
KLK Kolb sells products worldwide and currently has three manufacturing sites in the heart of Europe (Hedingen/CH, Moerdijk/NL and Delden/NL).
KLK Kolb’s R&D center is located at Delden and supports all European production sites of KLK, including KLK Tensachem (Ougre/BE) and KLK Emmerich (Emmerich and Düsseldorf/GE). KLK’s Kolb R&D currently employs 21 R&D professionals providing expertise on a diverse range of chemistries, including alkoxylation, condensation, sulphation, phosphation, various types of polymerization, hydrogenation, quaternization, and more.
Due to recent organisational changes and to support our continued successful growth, we are looking for a motivated, proactive and independently thinking personality with a can do/getting things done mentality for the function of
Lead one of KLK Kolb’s R&D teams and coordinate multidisciplinary (international) R&D activities for the optimization and expansion of KLK’s European product range through innovation programs and the development and introduction of new and modified products and processes.
Position in the organisation
The Teamleader R&D report directly to the Head of R&D and leads a team of 5 R&D professionals.
Responsibility areas/Core tasks
- Act as (project) leader;
- Drive KLK Kolb’s innovation programs;
- Work on (commercial) R&D projects;
- Prepare, execute and report on complex development projects;
- Perform and coordinate literature research (literature, patents, competition);
- Monitor progress and results, adjust where necessary;
- Develop your team members and your team.
As a candidate you have the following knowledge, experience and competences;
- Completed university education in Chemistry;
- Managerial experience and a helicopter view;
- Experience with commercial projects;
- Experience with surfactants and/or EO/PO reactions;
- Reporting skills, analytical skills and result-oriented;
- Good communicative skills and a team builder
- Excellent knowledge of both the Dutch and English language;
- You have at least 5 years of experience in an industrial environment.
For more information please contact Alart Mulder, Head of R&D Kolb (email@example.com).
Candidates who meet the described profile can send a motivation letter with CV up to and including to the attention of Eva Tinselboer, HR Business Partner. (firstname.lastname@example.org).
An assessment can be part of the application procedure.
Acquisition after this vacancy is not appreciated.