With approximately 480 employees, KLK Kolb is one of the leading alkoxylation companies in Europe and offers a wide range of surfactants, chemical specialties, paper process chemicals and customer-specific products for various industries. KLK Kolb is a member of the global KLK OLEO Group with 6 production sites in Europe.
KLK Kolb sells its products worldwide and currently have three manufacturing sites in the heart of Europe (Hedingen/CH, Moerdijk/NL and Delden/NL). About 220 employees work at the Delden site, and about 90 employees work in Moerdijk. Sustainable employability and vitality are an essential part of company policy.
To support the continued successful growth of our group, we are looking for a motivated, proactive and independently thinking
Scientist (1 fte)
As a Scientist at KLK Kolb Specialties you use your chemical and analytical knowledge to create new and optimize existing products, processes and methods. The function requires a strong focus on delivering high-quality products which meet your customers’ needs and expectations. It also requires the ability to multitask and switch gears as you will be working on both new product development with a short time to market and research projects. Getting a comprehensive understanding of the subject matter is something you enjoy and essential in your day-to-day work.
Location and position
You will join KLK OLEO’s European R&D team which is located in Delden, The Netherlands. As part of the R&D alkoxylation team you will develop customized and innovative surfactants and provide support to KLK Kolb’s expanding production sites in Delden, Moerdijk and Hedingen. As well as KLK OLEO’s production sites in Germany and Belgium.
Responsibility areas/Core tasks
Your day to day job will include the following tasks:
- Execute literature research in response to internal and external customer questions;
- Stay up-to-date within your field of expertise and share relevant developments;
- Perform practical chemical laboratory research, e.g. using our high-pressure alkoxylation reactors;
- Develop and optimize products and processes;
- Interpret (analytical) data and report research results to stakeholders;
- Guide and supervise production scale-up batches of your newly developed product together with colleagues from engineering and production;
- Provide advice on (production) problems and guidance for troubleshooting activities, both internally and externally;
- Be a role model in our safety culture.
As a candidate you have the following knowledge, experience and competences;
- Completed university education in organic chemistry and/or chemical engineering;
- Experience with or a keen interest in (pressure) reactors is a pre;
- Ambition to master the craft and achieve a fundamental understanding of the technologies applied within the group;
- Communicative skills with good knowledge of the English language (Dutch is a pre);
- Good project management skills, i.e. the ability to start, oversee and finish projects within the set objectives and scope;
- An enthusiastic, pro-active and open-minded attitude.
If you are the enthusiastic candidate we are looking for and would like to have more information please contact Danny Geerdink, Team leader R&D Alkoxylation KLK Kolb (email@example.com).
Candidates who meet the described profile are encouraged to send a motivation letter with CV up to 31 March 2023 to the attention of Eva Tinselboer, HR Business Partner (firstname.lastname@example.org).
An assessment can be part of the application procedure.