KLK Kolb is one of the leading alkoxylation companies in Europe and offers a wide range of surfactants, chemical specialties, paper process chemicals and customer-specific products for various industries.
KLK Kolb is a member of the KLK Europe group which has several manufacturing sites in Europe: Hedingen/CH, Moerdijk/NL, Delden/NL, Tensachem/BE, Düsseldorf/DE and Emmerich/DE. KLK Kolb employs approximately 480 employees.
Our R&D department for KLK Europe is centralized in Delden/NL.
To support our continued successful growth, the R&D department of KLK Europe is seeking a motivated and proactive
(Bio) Chemist (1 fte)
Are you an enthusiastic, proactive and collaborative Biochemist? Or are you a Chemist with interest in biocatalysis? Do you want to make a contribution to more sustainable processes? Join, then, our R&D department in Delden to contribute to the realization of research projects within biocatalysis. You will carry out biocatalytic reactions, including reaction work-up, at laboratory scale (g to kg), analyse reactants and products, characterize enzymes and support other activities for the development and optimization of new and existing KLK products.
Location and position
You will be part of KLK R&D department of KLK Europe in Delden (NL) which consists of 20 FTEs. As a Biochemist you will be responsible for the execution of biocatalysis reactions focused on research projects for KLK Europe. You will report to the Scientist Biocatalysis, be part of the R&D Specialties team with other scientists and chemists and will work in multidisciplinary international group.
- Perform biocatalysis reactions from (m)g to kg scale, including reaction work-up (downstream processing)
- Perform organic syntheses of precursors for the biocatalytic requirements
- Adapt experimental protocols for scale-up and scale-down requirements
- Translate research questions from internal and external parties to practical experiments
- Biochemical characterization of enzymes (e.g. activity assays, protein quantifications)
- Support daily workflows for the Biocatalysis research including analysis
- Interpret and report research data and results
- Provide advice on (technological) problems & deviations by troubleshooting or problem solving approach
- Interact with other teams to ensure efficient cross-team workflows
- Follow Health and Safety guidelines
As a candidate you have the following knowledge, experience and skills
- Completed university education (Bachelor’s degree) or the equivalent to the Dutch HBO education in Biotechnology, equivalent Life Sciences discipline
- Experience & knowledge in conducting biocatalysis reactions,organic synthesis, enzyme activity assays, protein quantification, reaction work-up and down steam processing (separation technologies)
- Knowledge in interpreting HPLC, GC and other analysis
- Relevant industrial experience in biotechnology, pharma or chemical industry is an advantage
- Fluent in written and spoken English is a must, speaking Dutch is an advantage
- Enthusiastic, proactive, structured and quick learner
- Ability to work independently, but also function as part of a team
- Versatile and able to perform under pressure
- Committed and reliable
- Opportunity to work on the development and realization of sustainable processes
- Motivating and challenging position in an international industrial environment
- Sustainable employability with opportunities for personal development, healthy working & living programs, sporting on site
- Full time position
For more information please contact Andrada But, Biocatalysis Scientist KLK Kolb (email@example.com) (+31 74 3775 341).
Candidates who meet the described profile can send a motivation letter with CV before June 15th, 2022 to the attention of Karin Broeders, Recruiter (firstname.lastname@example.org).
An assessment can be part of the application procedure.
Acquisition after this vacancy is not appreciated. If agencies send unsolicited CV's, we are free to approach these candidates directly.