KLK Kolb is one of the leading alkoxylation companies in Europe and offers a wide range of surfactants, chemical specialties, paper process chemicals and customer-specific products for various industries. KLK Kolb employs approximately 480 employees.
KLK Kolb is a member of the KLK Europe group which has several manufacturing sites in Europe: Hedingen/CH, Moerdijk/NL, Delden/NL, Tensachem/BE, Düsseldorf/DE and Emmerich/DE. Our R&D department for KLK Europe is centralized in Delden/NL.
To support our continued successful growth, the R&D department of KLK Europe (Delden) is seeking for a motivated, proactive and independently thinking
Application Specialist (0,8 – 1 fte)
As Application Specialist you are responsible for the characterization of the physical-chemical properties and application performance of surfactants for the development and optimization of new and existing KLK products and application methods, with a strong focus on meeting our customers’ needs and expectations.
Location and position
You will be part of KLK’s European R&D team, located in Delden and consisting of 21 FTE. As Application Specialist within the R&D Specialties team you will be supporting the development of customized products and their applications in various markets such as (industrial) cleaning, lubricants, paper processing, oil winning and drilling, etc. In close collaboration with the European Sales and Product Management teams you will provide technical support for KLK Europe’s product portfolio.
You will report the Head of R&D KLK Europe and be part of a team with other specialists and scientists, participating in multidisciplinary international groups.
Responsibility areas/Core tasks
- Perform specialistic (ad hoc) laboratory research as well as basic standard physical-chemical analysis
- Provide technical product support, customer service and non-routine problem solving for various industrial applications
- Develop and apply methods and simulations on lab scale that correlate with full-scale application
- Develop/optimize products/processes together with R&D/QC and/or external customers;
- Provide advice/guidance for troubleshooting activities, both internally and externally;
- Interpretate and report research data/results;
- Executing (literature)research programs in response to internal and external customer questions;
- Maintaining and propagating relevant developments within the specialism;
- Transfer of knowledge to other parties involved in the form of oral and written reports, but also co-instruction and training;
As a candidate you have the following knowledge, experience and competences;
- Bachelor and/or master degree in physical, organic or analytical chemistry;
- Relevant working experience concerning physical chemical characterization of surfactants in relation to surfactant performance in applications;
- Experience with characterization techniques such as differential scanning calorimetry, rheology, and tensiometry;
- Skills to be able to work independently as well as in a team;
- Result-oriented with good analytical skills;
- Communicative skills with good knowledge of the English language (Dutch is a pre);
- Pro-active, broad and open minded, enthusiastic attitude.
For more information please contact Alart Mulder, Head of R&D KLK Europe and Manager QC KLK Kolb Specialties (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Candidates who meet the described profile can send a motivation letter with CV before June 15th, 2022 to the attention of Karin Broeders, Recruiter (email@example.com).
An assessment can be part of the application procedure.
Acquisition after this vacancy is not appreciated. If agencies send unsolicited CV's, we are free to approach these candidates directly.