With approximately 480 employees, KLK Kolb is one of the leading alkoxylation companies in Europe and offers a wide range of surfactants, chemical specialties, paper process chemicals and customer-specific products for various industries.
KLK Kolb is a member of the KLK Europe group which has several manufacturing sites in Europe: Hedingen/CH, Moerdijk/NL, Delden/NL, Tensachem/BE, Düsseldorf/DE and Emmerich/DE. Our R&D department for KLK Europe is centralized in Delden/NL.
To support our continued successful growth, the R&D department of KLK Europe is seeking a motivated and proactive and independently thinking personality in the function of
Analytical Scientist (1 fte)
The Analytical Scientist provides advanced analytical support for the continuous development and improvement of the analytical team of the European R&D Department and the quality of KLK’s product range. You provide expertise for troubleshooting and contribute to the development of new analytical methods and products.
Location and position
The R&D department in Delden is responsible for the product development of the all production sides and provides specialistic analytical support for KLK Kolb global. You will be joining the analytical specialists team (4,6 FTE) and report to the team leader QC specialists. You are the team leader’s sparring partner for discussing analytical projects and challenges.
Responsibility areas/Core tasks
- Provide (advanced) analytical support for new product developments, troubleshooting activities, customer or internal inquiries;
- Coordinate and perform root cause analysis research for off-spec productions and quality complaints;
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the analytical techniques and methods;
- Develop and validate analytical methods that assure product quality with minimum impact on production times;
- Substantiate, request, set-up and introduce new analytical equipment;
- Manage, solve and report on the advanced analytical challenges provided to you, independently and in timely fashion;
- Train and coach QC specialists and analysts on the job.
As a candidate you have the following knowledge, experience and competences;
- University (of applied sciences) degree in organic or analytical chemistry;
- Minimum 3 years working experience in Analytics (Industry);
- Demonstrable knowledge of organic and/or polymer chemistry as well as analytical chemistry and chromatography;
- Experience with both chromatographic (LC/GC-MS, GPC, IC) and wet-chemical analysis techniques;
- Experience with interpretation of spectroscopic techniques (NMR, IR, UV/Vis, EDX);
- Demonstrable knowledge of continuous improvement techniques and statistical process control is a plus;
- Good communicative skills. Fluent English (Dutch is a plus);
- Socially intelligent and pragmatic team player with a sense of urgency;
- Pragmatic, proactive, accurate, service and result oriented.
For further information about the position, please contact Karsten Holtin, Team Leader QC Specialists (email@example.com).
Candidates who meet the described profile can send a motivation letter with CV to the attention of Eva Tinselboer, HR Business Partner (firstname.lastname@example.org).
An assessment can be part of the application procedure.
Acquisition after this vacancy is not appreciated.